Solutions Engineer – Technology Services Team (Professional Services)
In-depth knowledge of Windows, VMware, SAN, NetApp and Cisco.
The Solutions Engineer will be one of three Senior Engineers in the 40-person company.
50% of time is spent developing solutions for SMB clients: perform network assessments, SoW and deliver hands-on IT solutions
20% of time is spent handling escalation tickets and high-level networking (Cisco and Fortinet) or Windows Server/VMware issues.
30% of time is spent conceptualizing solutions, designs and engineering IT roadmaps for client networks.
- Hands on implementation experience with of currently supported Windows Operating Systems (Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016)
- Installation (from bare metal), migration (between versions of Active Directory), configuration, and troubleshooting
- Intimate knowledge of Virtualization Technologies (Hyper-V, VMware ESXi, vSphere, Clustering – having personally performed P2V and V2V migrations)
- Experience with Dell server platforms including RAID and Equalogic SAN.
- Cisco Switches and Routers, proficient with configuring on the command line
- Check Point Firewalls
- Cisco ISE, Meraki Wireless
Compensation ranges from $85,000 – $125,000 + bonuses + profit sharing +100% health care coverage for employee and employee spouse.