Junior Systems Administrator – Support and Projects
As one of the top growing I.T. services provider and consulting firms in Northern Virginia we are expanding the technical team to support clients. We are seeking a qualified Junior Systems Administrator that can operate in a hybrid role of client-facing IT Consultant, help-desk support technician, and systems administrator. This is a fantastic opportunity for a tech who knows how to deliver support and projects to SMB clients.
The IT Junior Systems Administrator position involves servicing and supporting users of computer networks in the 50-300 user range which utilize full Windows Server environments (both on-prem and virtual), Networking technologies, Security products, Data protection systems, Communications devices. Approximately 90% of all services are performed remotely from the office and require no travel.
The Junior Systems Administrator will have career growth opportunities such as vCIO, Team Lead, Management, Systems or Network Engineer, Escalations Engineer, etc.
Junior Systems Administrator Salary range is $50,000 – $60,000. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Junior Systems Administrator for Managed Services Provider.
- Respond to calls, tickets and emails to troubleshoot reported issues in a helpdesk environment.
- Support current Microsoft Office Suites.
- Support current Windows operating systems (XP through Windows 10) including installation, management, and security as well as Exchange (2010/2013/2016), and Office 365.
- Assist Senior Engineers with project based work such as deployments and migrations.
Technologies & Requirements:
- Experience with Windows 2012R2/16, Azure is a plus
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting issues related to the following technologies including but not limited to: Windows Server, DNS, DHCP, VPN Clients, Group Policy, Folder
- Assist senior engineers on deployments of new offices and new clients (Windows/VMware/Cloud)
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop, server operating systems and applications, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server
- Articulate your work to the client in non-technical terms
- Interact with clients of various technical skills
- Keep accurate records of your time and services provided
- LAN/WAN and basic network troubleshooting and problem solving preferred.
- Microsoft certifications a major plus
- Experience working for an MSP or supporting multiple external clients highly preferred.
- ConnectWise and LabTech experience is a plus
- Base salary $50,000-$60,000 (dependent on experience)
- Certification reimbursement
- Career development and formal training
- Matching 401(k), profit-sharing and medical coverage is provided.
$50,000 - $60,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.
Tagged: #LI-MH1, ,#MH333