Projects Engineer – Senior Lead
Full-time on a salary with benefits opening for a Projects Engineer – Senior Lead.
Growing technology firm offering a wide variety of hybrid cloud solutions/services to Chicago SMBs and specialized vertical niches. Positioned as experts moving clients to the cloud (O365/Azure suite).
To meet this companies ever-growing need, we are looking for an experienced Projects Engineer – Senior Lead. The primary role of the Projects Engineer – Senior Lead will be responsible for running client projects A-Z.
That means implementation of public, private, and hybrid cloud technologies. Typical responsibilities for this position include design and implementation of Office 365, Azure, VMWare host builds, network installations/configurations.
Experience with Azure is a huge plus, but we’re looking for working knowledge. You don’t have to be using Azure every day.
Projects Engineer – Senior Lead Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assess, architect, design, implement and troubleshoot complex enterprise solutions around Microsoft public, private, and hybrid clouds.
• Polished communicator adept at producing advanced-client-ready presentations such as proposals, assessments, roadmaps, and design documents.
• Serve as cloud platform subject matter expert
• Identify new opportunities and independently lead pre-sales activities
• Aptitude to quickly understand clients’ businesses and build credibility quickly
• Gather business requirements and define of technical tasks
• Lead small to medium sized project teams to deliver key initiatives and be the technical point person.
• Maintain and improve competencies across key technology areas
• Participate and support account planning, sales strategy and sales focused meetings
• Can independently manage large strategic accounts and projects without assistance
• Responsible for the management and revenue growth of assigned accounts
• Can independently run and operate a technical solution offering, service delivery line or large book of business
Projects Engineer – Senior Lead Competencies
• Advanced understanding and working knowledge related to: Office 365, Exchange Online, advanced O365 features | private, public and hybrid datacenters| Azure AD, ADConnect, | Automation | Azure resource and workload requirements | Understanding of process to develop Azure/AWS migration & operating costs | Microsoft server operating systems | Active Directory, DNS, DFS, DHCP, Group Policy| Exchange 2007/2010/2013 & experience with native and third-party migration tools | PowerShell command line and scripting language/techniques
• General working knowledge related to: Networking and security infrastructure | Web, spam and anti-virus filtering | Database infrastructure | PBX, VoIP, and unified communications| Enterprise client deployment and management | Remote access solutions | Compliance | UNIX/Linux | SAN / NAS storage devices Hyper-V, VMware, XenServer | Microsoft System Center suite | Backup & disaster recovery
If you want an environment that a person with ambition can thrive, then please apply; because the best idea wins, no matter who gives it. If you’re committed to hard work, value integrity, eager to support others in a common vision and want to have a great time doing it, then this is the place for you!
Des Planes, IL
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.