Senior System Administrator & Project Engineer
Senior System Administrator & Project Engineer Role Overview:
Seeking a Senior System Administrator & Project Engineer to join leading Long Island based IT Consulting and Managed Services Provider looking for another great team member to collaborate with and help us dream up new solutions for our clients. Great ideas and experiences matter as these are the seeds that help drive business growth.
The Senior System Administrator & Project Engineer will be responsible for project-based work and acting as a point of escalation. The Senior System Administrator & Project Engineer will be supporting several different clients that need ongoing support, upgrades, and migrations to the latest technology infrastructure (Windows/Azure/AWS environments). The candidate for this position should be a MSP experienced Senior Engineer able to both provide A-Z autonomous support while also, being able to roadmap technology solutions, suggest innovative solutions that scale clients’ infrastructures for proactive support in the future.
Required skills for the Senior System Administrator & Project Engineer position:
- Design, upgrade and continual maintenance of client networks and servers.
- Analysis of networks and recommendations for improvements.
- Coordinating and implementing network software and hardware upgrades
- Timely diagnoses of, response to, and resolution of client support cases
Technical Experience needed for Senior System Administrator & Project Engineer position
- Experience working with Windows Server 2012-2019, Office 365, and Windows Desktop operating systems.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, LDAP, DNS, VOIP, VPN’s and Network Security.
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware/Hyper-V)
- Cloud experience via AWS/AZURE
- Previous experience with ConnectWise a plus
Senior System Administrator & Project Engineer Compensation:
- $100,000 – $120,000 (dependent on experience)
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance from Day 1
- 401(k) w/ company match
- End of year bonus
- Ongoing training and certification reimbursement
$100,000 - $120,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.