Senior Systems Engineer & vCIO – Managed Services
We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer & vCIO to join a growing MSP located in Dumfries, VA. The ideal Senior Systems Engineer & vCIO will work with SMB companies to consultant on Cloud Solutions and provide them with Network / Systems consulting and support.
This position involves managing projects and various migrations from design to post implementation. At the moment, due to growth, they’re looking to bring on a Senior Systems Engineer & vCIO, who will be responsible for providing leadership and technical expertise within a diverse and dynamic computing environment. The person in this position will serve as a consultant to various clients, explaining the “why” behind the technology in addition to implementing it.
Senior Systems Engineer & vCIO Skills:
- Up to date IT Network Engineer skills, strong Windows support and troubleshooting of network infrastructure
- Experience engineer and supporting networking components with virtualization/cloud technologies, specifically VMware
- Experience in network security and firewalls (Cisco is a plus)
- Network troubleshooting and solutions for small to medium-sized company systems
- Migration experience including Microsoft Server 2003 to Server 2008 and/or 2010.
- Ability to design and implement projects from start to finish
Senior Systems Engineer & vCIO Requirements:
- Excellent ability to communicate complex technical issues in a simple manner
- Experience supporting multiple external clients simultaneously
- 6+ years with Microsoft Exchange (2010/2013/2016) & O365
- 6+ years VMware ESX or ESXi
- 6+ years Windows Server 2008/2008 R2 and 2012/2012R2
- Previous Managed Service Provider experience required.
- Ability to travel to various client sites in a 15 mile radius
Senior Systems Engineer & vCIO Benefits:
- Salary $85,000-$110,000 (Flexible depending on experience)
- 100% Employee paid medical, dental, vision coverage
- Profit sharing
- Certification Reimbursement
- Generous PTO Plan
- Down to earth company culture
- Emphasis on work/life balance
- Opportunity to work with the latest and greatest technology
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.