System Administrator – Cloud Managed Services Team
System Administrator – Cloud Managed Services Team
Who We Are
We are one of the fastest growing Managed Services Providers in the Houston metro area, where employees receive quarterly bonuses and paid certification programs to fast-track their career to positions including Senior Systems Engineer, Virtualization/Cloud Engineer, Network Engineer, Project Manager. True team environment, learn and work with others in a collaborative, tight-knit team. Regular company outings such as Happy Hours, Paintball, go-karting, and more – Pre-Covid, and hopefully, we’ll get back to normal soon. We are looking for an intelligent System Administrator – Cloud Managed Services Team, with our only true hard requirement being managed services experience!
Who You Are
The System Administrator – Cloud Managed Services Team will work out of our headquarters and must have excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral. We are a fast-paced company that is expanding rapidly, and we seek team members who will share our vision for the future and work collaboratively to accomplish company goals. We pride ourselves on providing superior service to our clients, which includes attention to detail, following the processes in place, and adapting to various situations.
System Administrator – Cloud Managed Services Team Responsibilities:
- Develop client technology road map and vision
- Serve as a main point of contact and act as an escalation point to Service Desk
- Manage the overall relationship with customers and own all technical projects and provide overall oversight, guidance, recommend solutions and consultative services to clients
- Identify potential obstacles and suggest operational and security improvements.
- Manage and coach engineers through knowledge sharing, root cause analysis, and implementing best practices in day-to-day activities
- Mentor, train, and encourage employee engagement to increase productivity and well-being.
- Manage approval of employee wellness time-off requests and PTO.
- Execute the overall Capital Techies support strategy, and drive team and individual performance through metrics, reporting, and client feedback
- Support the team’s initiatives for structured career growth and development in line with the company’s vision
- Participate in organizational initiatives to improve functions, processes, and technology for Capital Techies and clients
- Lead and assist in various managerial, technical, and operational tasks at all levels of the organization.
System Administrator – Cloud Managed Services Team Requirements:
- Strong experience with Microsoft 365 stack Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Intune, and Azure AD, especially from an architecture and implementation of services standpoint
- Systems Administration: Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server Platforms as well as Active Directory, Group Policy
- Understanding of virtualization platforms such as VMware or Hyper-V
- Understanding of networking: TCP/IP, LAN / DMZ / WAN, DHCP, DNS, Routing, Switching and Firewalls
- Networking basics: vLAN, DCHP, DNS, subnetting, routing
- Wireless networking: Unifi, Ruckus, Cisco, Meraki
- On-premise Server to SharePoint / OneDrive migration experience
- On-premise Active Directory and Group Policy to Azure AD and Intune/Endpoint experience
- Azure Information Protection, ATP, Defender
- Azure AD, Intune/Endpoint, TEAMS, SharePoint and OneDrive
- MSP tools: RMM, Datto, Autotask, Connectwise, Manage, Automate, Labtech, Kaseya, IT Glue, Huntress, Sentinel One, Pax8
- Creating and maintaining detailed technical and procedural documentation
- The candidate must be able to complete all physical requirements of the job, which include but are not limited to, the following; must be able to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs; stand/sit for extended periods of time; push/pull; climb stairs; stoop, kneel or crouch; use fingers/hands to handle or feel; reach above head or below knee level; and the ability to work around machinery and material handling equipment.
System Administrator – Cloud Managed Services Team Desirable Qualities:
- Significant experience in an MSP environment, particularly utilizing the ConnectWise suite of products
- Scripting / Automation Framework knowledge: PowerShell and Infrastructure as Code tools
- Significant experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with vendors such as Google Workspace, Box, Dropbox, Duo, Okta, AirWatch
- More than basic understanding of Storage and Virtualization platforms such as Nimble, Pure Storage, NetApp, EMC, VMware, Hyper-V, XenServer
System Administrator – Cloud Managed Services Team Benefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
*Actual salary for System Administrator – Cloud Managed Services Team to commensurate with experience*
$70,000 - $90,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.
Apply For This Opening
Location: Houston, TX
Proposed Salary: $70,000 - $90,000
Published: March 3, 2023
Job ID: BW5432