System Administrator – Information Technology Engineer
System Administrator – Information Technology Engineer Job Description:
As a local managed services company, we have been providing full-on soup to nuts IT services to the small to medium-sized businesses of the DC metro area for nearly 2 full decades. We are currently in growth mode and looking for a System Administrator – Information Technology Engineer.
The System Administrator – Information Technology Engineer will work with both internal and external customers to understand current and future requirements and develop scalable and cost-efficient solutions. The System Administrator – Information Technology Engineer must be able to perform complex engineering, design, implementation and maintenance tasks on the LAN and/or WAN. The System Administrator – Information Technology Engineer will be responsible for supporting existing client hardware and software solutions, while working within our team environment.
The System Administrator – Information Technology Engineer will require someone who can make recommendations to management on desirable additions and development. The System Administrator – Information Technology Engineer will also assume responsibility for key client networks, while also being accountable for maintenance and improvement. Additionally, you will be required to assist in the troubleshooting of complex network problems and act as a high-level escalation point for Network Engineers.
System Administrator – Information Technology Engineer Professional/Technical/Business Qualifications Required:
- 3-5+ years’ experience in a professional IT environment – any experience with a Managed Service Provider highly preferred.
- Proven incident and problem solving (troubleshooting) skills with an emphasis on a timely and accurate resolution
- Demonstrated leadership ability, strong team player who enjoys a fast-paced atmosphere
- Administration and maintenance experience with Active Directory, GPOs, O365, and Windows Server 2008+
- Experience diagnosing complex issues through analytical tools
System Administrator – Information Technology Engineer Required Skills:
- Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with teammates, managers and clients to maintain high service levels in a demanding environment
- Ability to work well in team environment
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
- Self-motivated, directed and passionate
- Ability to learn very quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities, commitments and projects
- Ability to influence and drive consensus on multiple technical views Critical Skills
- A commitment to delivering a superior client experience through direct interaction with clients during support and change management
- Ability to quickly adapt to advancing technologies and procedural changes
System Administrator – Information Technology Engineer Required Hands on Experience Including but not Limited to:
- Routers and switches
- Firewall technologies
- Server configurations, VM and clustering
System Administrator – Information Technology Engineer Required Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education in related fields / or 5 years’ experience in related field
- 3-5+ years’ experience in IT
System Administrator – Information Technology Engineer Benefits:
- Full health benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- 3 weeks PTO
- Open office to promote ideas
- Team environment
- Paid training and certification reimbursement
$70,000 - $85,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.