System Administrator Level 2
System Administrator Level 2 Overview:
We deploy cutting-edge technology solutions to clients across Southern California. We are hyper-focused on solving IT and Managed Services challenges faced by companies of all sizes. Our clients range from major industries, including healthcare, education, finance, and the amazing non-profit sector. Or employees are the heart of our business, and we take pride in our work to ensure your well-being, growth, and productivity!
The System Administrator Level 2 is primarily responsible for troubleshooting and resolving tickets and requests assigned to the Infrastructure Operations work queue. In addition, the System Administrator Level 2 position is responsible for effective installation, configuration administration, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and services ensuring they are operating to expected standards and performance levels. Some of the core technologies the System Administrator Level 2 will be working with include: Office 365, Azure, Citrix, Active Directory, SCCM, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, Backups, Storage, Networking, and Server Room Operations.
Other key responsibilities for the System Administrator Level 2 position include provisioning, configuring, and patching servers, performing compliance tasks as directed by internal audit, provisioning network gear, and interfacing with our database and network Managed Service Providers to ensure trouble tickets are resolved in a timely manner.
System Administrator Level 2 Technology Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory, Group Policy, and Replication Management & Troubleshooting
- Cloud: Azure administration, AWS is a plus
- Virtualization: VMware vSphere and vCenter Management
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10 & 11
- Microsoft Office/365 Applications
- Microsoft 365 Administration and Migration
- LAN/WAN, DNS, DHCP, and Domain Controllers
- Networking knowledge including solid fundamentals of Layers 2 & 3 as well as practical experience creating and managing VLANs
- General Firewall Setup and Administration
- Wireless Network Configuration & Troubleshooting
- Printer/Scanner Setup & Configuration
- Experience with Client Applications such as Adobe, Bluebeam, etc…
- Veeam, Datto, or similar experience
- Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop & VMWare View experience is a plus
System Administrator Level 2 Benefits:
- Partial WFH Model (3 days at home weekly)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 15 days PTO + Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Bonus Structure
- Certification Reimbursement
$70,000 - $80,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.