System Administrator – O365 Administration / Migrations
System Administrator – O365 Administration / Migrations Job Description
We are a local IT Services Consultancy, helping small to medium-sized businesses get the most out of their IT, and focus on what they do best. We help our clients with everything from basic help desk support, up to helping them architect/build an entire new infrastructure.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated System Administrator – O365 Administration / Migrations to help with the maintenance, support and operation of our clients’ technology infrastructure. This is a customer-facing, hands-on technical position. Day-to-day System Administrator – O365 Administration / Migrations work will be roughly split across fielding client calls, troubleshooting/resolving technical issues, project work, and client site deployments and maintenance.
The System Administrator – O365 Administration / Migrations position is the opportunity to help customers with day-to-day more complex issues related to product and service installations. We add new clients and systems regularly, so you must be able to learn quickly.
The ideal System Administrator – O365 Administration / Migrations will have at least 5 years professional IT experience. Since you’ll be interacting with clients every day, we need someone with a great attitude and great verbal and written communications skills. A big part of System Administrator – O365 Administration / Migrations position is learning (through a combination of training and day-to-day work) so we want dedicated individuals who want to help clients as quickly and efficiently as possible.
System Administrator – O365 Administration / Migrations Responsibilities:
- Respond to client requests via the IT Help Desk
- Make visits to client sites
- Execute on maintenance and upgrade projects
- Stay abreast of new technologies
System Administrator – O365 Administration / Migrations Requirements:
- Exposure to business-class IT
- Customer service skills
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with virtualization technologies such as server virtualization (VMWare ESXi vSphere or Hyper-V) and application/desktop virtualization using (VMware)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft server and workstation operating systems, registry settings, DNS/DHCP, TCP/IP networking, and firewalls
- Experience working with Microsoft Active Directory including OU design and administration, GPOs, and site to site replication
- Troubleshooting experience including root cause analysis, debugging utilities, etc.
- Experience interacting with end users to provide technical support and gather feedback
- Ability to present solutions that were designed and implemented to high-level management
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines along with associated deliverables
- Strong verbal communication and documentation skills
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies and the ability to multi-task to deliver services using various technologies to multiple companies
- Experience working with different size firms (including small companies of less than 50 users to large companies of more than 1000 users) and datacenter environments
- Experience working with monitoring and management solutions such as NOC software and PSAs such as ConnectWise
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, SQL, Office Communications Server
- Experience with Cisco-based solutions such as router/switch implementation and VoIP based solutions
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity best practices
System Administrator – O365 Administration / Migrations Pluses:
- Experience at a Managed Services Provider
- Experience with ConnectWise Suite or Kaseya
System Administrator – O365 Administration / Migrations benefits and salary:
- Salary range 65-75k
- Benefits (dental, medical, 401k)
- Quarterly performance bonuses
- Annual review for raise
- Certification reimbursement
*Actual salary for System Administrator – O365 Administration / Migrations to commensurate with experience*
$65,000 - $75,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.