Team Lead System Administrator – Managed Services
Team Lead System Administrator – Managed Services
The Team Lead System Administrator – Managed Services will act as the Team Lead to a team of 5-8 techs. The Team Lead System Administrator – Managed Services plays a direct role in the overall performance of his or her team and serves as a coach/mentor to its members.
The Team Lead System Administrator – Managed Services informs management of critical issues regarding personnel, performance, client perception, and works closely with co-workers to ensure consistent, high quality, friendly service is delivered. Successful candidates will not only have strong technical skills but also leadership and motivational skills allowing them to help solve people and operational issues.
Team Lead System Administrator – Managed Services JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the escalation point to your team, so you must have intermediate to advance knowledge in Windows Server 2008+, Exchange, O365, AD, and basic networking fundamentals.
- Assist The Technical Customer Support Manager in leading and servicing remote office clients and related staff.
- Participate in remote office service requests and team activity. Provide oversight and mentoring to ensure:
- Quick and Quality Response Issue Resolution
- Prioritize and complete preventative tasks
- High level of client satisfaction
- Quality notes and client documentation
- Overall team / client profitability
- Assist TCS Manager as needed in many components of employee management to ensure team:
- Employee feedback and satisfaction
- New employee training and mentoring.
- Leverage remote and automation tools whenever possible to ensure departmental cost-effectiveness.
- Attend client meetings as needed to ensure quality service.
- Coordinate with other departments for improved efficiency.
- Monitor progress toward company milestones, project implementation, and ongoing task completion.
- Maintain technical knowledge and skill sets.
- Perform systems administration for Windows Servers, Exchange servers and Desktop operating systems across multiple customers.
- Perform problem analysis and systems monitoring.
- Provide assistance to identify and troubleshoot Windows, mail delivery and network-related problems.
- Review team timesheets for accuracy and completeness.
- Train/Enforce new processes and procedures.
- Take lead on sensitive client issues.
- Schedule and plan resource coverage for various roles.
- Maintain and review team metrics.
Team Lead System Administrator – Managed Services QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- This position requires at least 4 years’ experience in systems administration or project deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree or technical degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Experience with MS Exchange Server administration, Windows Server, firewalls, Antivirus solutions, Backup and Recovery products and processes, LAN networking/distributed computing environments (client/server) is required. Experience with Citrix, VMware, Cisco routing and switching, Mac computers, Active Directory, terminal servers, configuring network routers, and remote connectivity is a plus.
- Previous experience using remote monitoring, ticketing, and CRM systems, as well as supporting multiple clients in an outsourced service industry, is highly desirable.
- Employee must also show strong work history of being successful with people and leading clients and/or people in the IT industry.
Team Lead System Administrator – Managed Services KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, as well as effective organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to present technical concepts in layman terms and communicate well with clients.
- They must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general industry periodicals, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- They must exhibit an ability to professionally write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- They must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- They must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, vendors, employees, and the general public.
- The employee must be able to solve complex problems quickly and completely without assistance.
- Must possess excellent conflict resolution, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- They must be self-driven, highly customer-focused, be able to work without close supervision, and possess a positive mental attitude.
Team Lead System Administrator – Managed Services BENEFITS:
This is a full-time position and thus the Team Lead System Administrator – Managed Services will be provided all the benefits that come with being a full-time employee including…
- Salary range $80k-100k
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health/medical insurance
- 401k and match
- 3 weeks PTO
- Certification reimbursement
- Career path to management
- And more…
*Actual salary for the Team Lead System Administrator – Managed Services chosen shall commensurate with experience*
Oak Brook, IL
$80,000 - $100,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.