Tier 2 Support Engineer – MSP
Tier 2 Support Engineer – MSP
We seek a Tier 2 Support Engineer – MSP with a technical aptitude to perform level 1 and some level 2 IT support across multiple SMB IT environments. If you are interested in gaining experience in virtualization solutions and hosted or private/hybrid/public cloud technologies, we encourage you to keep reading…
You will be joining a cutting-edge IT company at the forefront of Cloud and Proactive Managed Services. Business is booming, and the team has regular reviews and advancement opportunities, compensation is competitive and hard work is recognized. The Tier 2 Support Engineer – MSP will work hands-on with Senior level System Engineers and Virtualization Engineers
The Tier 2 Support Engineer – MSP will be performing 30%-50% desktop support and 50% – 70% servers and systems (email, light virtualization, etc.) and will have the opportunity to volunteer or help out on networking support and projects/deployment. There will be room for advancement for the Tier 2 Support Engineer – MSP.
Tier 2 Support Engineer – MSP Experience:
- Knowledge of Servers: Active Directory, Group Policy, bring up Domain Controllers
- 2 years of Managed Service Provider experience REQUIRED
- Administer and experience migrating on a team or autonomously, on-premise O365
- Azure or AWS and other “cloud” solutions
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- P2V experience, working with VMware or Hyper-V
- Experience Providing End-User support
- Experience with networking equipment (SonicWall, Meraki, ASAs, Fortinet, etc.)
- Problem investigation, troubleshooting, and resolution. Master of Desktop Support and customer service.
- Proactive on potential customer issues and IT environment health.
- Familiar with remote Troubleshooting methods
- Windows Server and Workstation Operating Systems
- Previous ConnectWise experience
- Preferred Technical Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Microsoft 365, Apple Certified Associate, and Apple Certified Support Professional.
- Accepts Responsibility – Willing and able to bear high levels of responsibility: making decisions, being accountable.
- Openness – Communicates honestly, openly, and consistently. Shares information appropriately and Involves the customer in solving problems.
- Positive Attitude – Encourages a positive rather than negative viewpoint
Tier 2 Support Engineer – MSP Benefits:
- Salary: $60,000-$80,000
- 401k+ company match
- Certification reimbursement
- Quick advancement opportunities
- Health Coverage (Health, Vision, Dental)
*Actual salary of Tier 2 Support Engineer – MSP to commensurate with experience*
Silver Spring, MD
$60,000 - $80,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.