Tier 2 Windows Field Engineer
Established Managed Service Provider in Parsipanny, NJ looking to hire a Tier 2 Windows Field Engineer as a full-time, permanent employee. “White glove” support of small and medium sized businesses that will require the Tier 2 Windows Field Engineer to travel within a 15 mile radius. When the Tier 2 Windows Field Engineer isn’t in the field, they will be providing support from the office in Parsipanny, NJ. The Tier 2 Windows Field Engineer will provide the highest levels of customer service, expert support, and the best in technology solutions to all of our clients. The customer service skills of the Tier 2 Windows Field Engineer must be as strong as their technical skills. The Tier 2 Windows Field Engineer will be able to handle Tier 1 issues with ease and have a basic understanding of server hardware, software, and hands on experience working with switches, firewalls, etc.
Important Information about the Tier 2 Windows Field Engineer position:
- 2 years of experience working for an MSP / IT Consulting firm supporting all aspects of small to medium sized business network technologies OR a Network Administrator / System Administrator that managed an entire network (i.e. end-user Helpdesk, server administration, and network administration) on their own
- Experience installing, updating, and troubleshooting Windows 7 / 8 / 10 operating systems, as well as desktop & laptop hardware
- Experience w/ network-based Antivirus solutions (Bitdefender, Sophos & Symantec knowledge is a plus)
- Experience supporting Windows 2008, Windows 2012, and Windows 2016 Servers (both operating systems & hardware)
- Experiencing installing & supporting network-based printers & copiers
- Experience configuring / troubleshooting network switches, firewalls (SonicWALL & Cisco ASA experience is a plus), and WiFi equipment
- Experience with basic administration / support of virtualization technologies, specifically VMWare-based products (although experience w/ Citrix & Hyper-V is welcome
- Valid Drivers License is required
Pay & Benefits For Tier 2 Windows Field Engineer:
- $50k – $70k depending on skill set and work experience
- Full range benefits including 401(k)
$50,000 - $70,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.