VMware Windows Systems Engineer II
The VMWare Systems Engineer will be responsible for day to day management and advancement of mission critical platforms and IT infrastructure.
This role requires end-to-end knowledge of VMware ESXi, vSphere as well as supporting VMware products like SRM, vCops and the vCloud Suite. This is a high touch, high level role with exposure to all things VMware / EMC.
You will be working for a mid-market $30 million Cloud and Business Continuity IT company headquarted in Wayne, Pennsylvania.
Review and update VMware environment designs, create implementation plans, audit existing infrastructure. (Compute, SAN, Hypervisor)
Develop server images and technology deployment strategy.
Configure VMware virtual networks to support n VLANs in a service provider environment.
Independently take on tasks within multiple projects simultaneously.
Design and implement preventative maintenance plans for virtual infrastructure.
- Configure and research various types of alarms and alerts.
- Maintain 100% platform uptime across virtual infrastructure
- Log all cases and work in Change Management and project tracking systems.
- May become involved in systems administration tasks or special projects at the discretion of management.
- Troubleshoot performance problems, investigate alarms as needed, manage escalations from tier 1 and tier 2 engineers.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in systems engineering, VMware, Storage and computing technology.
- Proficient in at least one enterprise OS (Windows or Linux) as well as TCP/IP networking and security.
Benefits: health coverage, long term disability, matching 401(k) and Certifications and on-going training
West Hollywood, CA
$80,000 - $90,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.