Senior IT Consultant
COMPANY: Small Regional MSP July 2013-Present
Senior IT Consultant
PC Discovery merged with BSSI2. Hired as a full-time Senior IT Consultant to managed and maintain dozens of networks that span across a diverse set of industries. Meet with client to discuss their technology goals and implement solutions that meet their business model and budget.
- Design, upgrade and implement technology solutions that align with business strategies and goals.
- Implement a technology plan to standardize equipment and software in a virtual active directory environment that require HIPAA compliance and data encryption.
- Configure and manage Palo Alto firewalls to monitor network traffic and lock down access based on company’s technology use policies.
- Perform dozens of email migrations to Office 365.
COMPANY: Small Regional MSP August 2012 – July 2013
Hired as a full-time systems administrator following initial consulting role to manage and maintain a 20+ Windows server (Physical and Virtual) environment, ensuring 99.9% or better uptime. Evaluate, monitor and enhance IT infrastructure with an emphasis on availability, reliability, scalability, security, data confidentiality and system integrity for a municipality.
- Ensured that all server hardware, operating systems, software, and procedures aligned with organizational standards and strategic business plan.
- Planned and managed interconnected fiber network and switch upgrade across multiple locations to increase network speed and reliability.
- Acted as the lead technician during the construction and building of a new police station, which included new server and network equipment for the entire municipality that was enclosed in a tornado resistant server room.
- Preformed the installation and training of new police squad car laptops and recording software.
- Patched and configured Cisco catalyst switches and ASA firewalls to ensure network security.
COMPANY: Small Regional MSP August 2007 – September 2012
System Administrator, Junior System Administrator, System Technician
Hired as an entry-level technician for a managed service provider to provide level 1 onsite and remote support for clients. After several years with the company, I was promoted to a system administrator role that was responsible for maintaining, upgrading, and monitoring multiple different companies totaling in over 300 different client and server nodes in various industries.
- Provide onsite and after hours support for a retail operation in a Citrix environment with more than 30 locations.
- Assisted in the design, configuration, and implementation of several computer training centers open to the public.
- Lead technician to a multi-million-dollar supply chain company across 5 states nationwide interconnected via an MPLS terminal server environment that required 99.9% uptime.
- Install and configure WatchGuard firewalls to enhance network perimeter security.
- Performed various server 2003 to 2008 upgrades for clients.