Cloud Project Engineer – VMware
Bowman Williams is seeking a Cloud Project Engineer.
The Cloud Project Engineer will join a leader in enterprise and global network infrastructure design, project management, and implementation.
The Cloud Project Engineer will be working with small to mid-sized companies to help them implement Private Cloud Solutions. The Cloud Project Engineer will be head of a new team and oversee the growth and development of the Project Engineering Team. This position will knowledge of infrastructure support, migration and virtualization solutions for small to mid-sized companies.
The is a full-time salaried position. With over 150 employees and four locations, the Project Engineering Team will be an excellent opportunity to grow and advance quickly.
Cloud Project Engineer Responsibilities:
- Interact with the business to assess future cloud requirements/needs
- Manage time and resources of the team members within a cloud initiative
- Create project plans and high level diagrams for technical implementations
- Manage service desk tickets and field requests as necessary
Cloud Platform Responsibilities:
- Implementation, management and maintenance of various virtualization platforms (VMWare, XenServer, KVM, etc,)
- Identify server and application candidates for virtualization
- P2V migrations
- Performance troubleshooting related to the cloud
Cloud Project Engineer Additional Responsibilities:
- Stays current in the latest technologies around “cloud” offerings, management, security and virtualization
- Provide responsible, timely, detailed status of assigned projects and deliverables
- Define/adhere to IT standards, policies & procedures
If you have background in Windows Systems Engineering or Support, VMware and have experience working for a Cloud Service Provider, Managed Service Provider or Data Center, you are encouraged to apply.
New York, NY
$80,000 - $120,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.