Desktop & Network Administrator (VMware) – Cloud Service Provider
We are currently seeking two (2) Desktop & Network Administrator candidates to join the Cloud Services Team in Huntington Beach, CA.
As a Desktop & Network Administrator you’ll be a technical project liaison, providing hands-on IT support on Windows and VMware projects in a Managed Cloud Services Provider environment. This is an opportunity for candidates to gain advanced support and engineering experience with Windows Systems, specifically, you will gain knowledge with Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016 as well as with Exchange migrations from 2010 and 2013 to Office 365. You’ll receive hands-on experience building and supporting servers as well as virtualizing servers (VMware ESXi).
The Desktop & Network Administrator will work on virtualization projects with Senior Engineers. Projects include migrations to the Cloud, Cloud security, setting up Windows Servers and performing project installations and migrations.
This is an excellent opportunity to advance systems & networking skills and grow towards a senior level engineer role.
This is full-time, salaried position with benefits. Benefits include health coverage, vision/dental, 401(k) + ping pong tables, fleet of drones! dartboard and video game room.
Desktop & Network Administrator Requirements:
- Microsoft Office 365 Migrations: Email and Applications, SharePoint
- Microsoft Azure Migrations
- Firewall Support and Security Reviews
- VMWare server migrations: 10-100 users, 5-25 VM’s
- SAN upgrades & implementations
- Data Backup & Disaster Recovery Solutions
- Some knowledge of Service ticketing systems like ConnectWise.
- In person, on premise consulting with SMB’s: targeting CEO, CFO, CIO’s, and other C – level executives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is a must
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
This position has a fast track (8 – 18 months) to an Administration or Engineering role and also receives up to 4 certifications in the first 24 months of employment.
Huntington Beach, CA
$55,000 - $70,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.