We are currently looking for a hands-on Windows System Engineer to function as an IT Director (similar to a Virtual CIO) for key clients.
The Windows System Engineer / Director will be 50% hands-on and 50% Virtual CIO, which entails setting IT strategy, consulting with clients on projects while setting an IT docket, as well as managing a team. The System Engineer – CIO will be part of one of the fastest growing Cloud, Consulting, Managed Services Providers in the country, ranked by both a) seats in the Cloud and b) Revenue in 2011.
Director Cloud Services / System Engineering Job Responsibilities:
- 3+ years of expertise in engineering Microsoft Windows environments
- 3+ years in a Team Lead, Management or similar capacity with the ability to lead others
- 3+ years supporting multiple clients, juggling multiple projects simultaneously, and providing “Virtual CIO” consultation to the SMB market.
- Expertise in designing virtualization solutions with Hyper-V, VMware or XenServer.
- 3+ years of Windows Small Business Server, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory and LAN/WAN solutions.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2012 R2 /2016
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/2013
- Administration and migration experience with Office 365 and Azure
- LAN/WAN and wireless network design, implementation and configuration.
System Engineer – CIO Job Description:
- Working on a team of eight, design, implement and support virtualization and Microsoft solutions for the SMB market in DC.
- Operate as a “virtual CIO” and work with clients to advance their technology, take on projects and migrations and reduce their total cost of technology ownership while maintaining a competitive edge.
- Provide on-site and remote support. Design LAN/WAN environments for new clients and lead a team to install the equipment.