Field Tech – Windows Server Administrator Tier III
We are seeking a Field Technician to support and administrate external client Windows and VMware server environments, for small to mid-sized companies in the local DC Metropolitan area.
The Field Technician – Windows Server Administrator will be responsible for Tier III escalation support and managing 20 key local clients by working as their Virtual CIO, performing IT strategy and road mapping their technology to the Cloud.
The Windows Server Administrator will be supporting the Client Services Team (6 junior Sys Admins) as a tier III escalation point and participating in solution design for your 20 key accounts. This is a remote support and back-end administration support role overseeing a small team.
**Candidates possessing experience working for an IT infrastructure Solutions and Services company or Managed Services Provider, are strongly encouraged to apply**
Field Technician – Windows Server Tier III Administrator job requirements:
- Extensive and up to date experience and skills in all aspects of administration for the Microsoft Windows operating system including installation, management, application deployment, and security as well as Exchange (2010/2013/2016), and expert knowledge of MS Server 2012/2016
- Experience in the configuration, installation, and maintenance of local area network hardware and software services including the maintenance, set-up, and configuration of client systems like PCs, system software, software applications, printers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls.
- Migration experience including experience Migrating from Server 2008 to Server 2012 R2 or similar.
- Experience in the architecture, setup, and implementation of virtual environments using VMware is a strong plus.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive personality that encourages excellent client communication
- Certifications such as MCSA, MCSE, VCP and CCNA are preferred but not required.
$90,000 - $125,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.