IT Field Tech – Level 3
We are currently seeking two IT Field Tech – Level 3 candidates to join the VMware Project Installation Team. This position is based in Wayne, PA and paying a base salary up to $75,000 + benefits. This is a full-time opportunity on a salary.
As an IT Field Tech – Level 3 you’ll be a technical project liaison, providing hands-on IT support on Windows and VMware projects in a Managed Services Provider environment. This is an opportunity for candidates to gain experience with Windows Systems, Cisco networks, specifically knowledge with Windows Server 2012/2016 and Exchange/365 migrations and hands on experience building and supporting servers and virtualizing servers (VMware ESXi) .
The IT Field Tech – Level 3 will work on projects with Senior engineers and start their career building servers and performing project installations.
This is an excellent opportunity to advance networking skills and grow towards a senior level engineer role.
This is full-time, salaried position with benefits.
IT Field Tech – Level 3 Requirements:
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2 and/or Server 2016
- An understanding of Microsoft Server, Active Directory and Group Policy (is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2013 and/or 2016
- Understanding of Office 365, Google Apps, and/or hosted Exchange. Experience with email migrations from one platform to another
- Good understanding of routing and switching
- Understanding of Dell hardware configuration and its server lines
- VMware ESXi and server virtualizion project experience
- CCNA, MCSA – preferred but not required
- Some knowledge of Service ticketing systems like ConnectWise.
This position is approx 25% – 50% Field Technical support. This position has a fast track (8 – 18 months) to an Engineering role. The IT Field Tech will also receive up to 4 certifications in the first 24 months of employment.
All Travel Is Local. Travel is reimbursed.
$75,000 - $80,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.