IT Helpdesk Support & Systems Engineer
We are currently seeking a IT Helpdesk Support & Systems Engineer.
The IT Helpdesk Support & Systems Engineer will join an award winning and one of the fastest growing Cloud/Managed Services Providers in Northern Virginia where employees partake in quarterly bonuses, continual training, and paid-for certifications to fast track your career. The career paths from our IT Helpdesk Support & Systems Engineer and Network Support Engineer role includes Senior Systems Engineer, Network Engineer, Project Management, vCIO and more. So, if you are looking to grow your career look no further.
The IT Helpdesk Support & Systems Engineer will make a full-time salary of 45k-60k (depending on experience), full health care benefits, certification reimbursement, on-going training, and just overall an enjoyable place to come work. The IT Helpdesk Support & Systems Engineer will work with servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware/software, and all SMB Microsoft tech i.e. AD, GPOs, Exchange, O365, etc.
IT Helpdesk Support & Systems Engineer KSA’s:
• Expert knowledge base to install and manage OS, administer users accounts, security, configuration, patch management, updates and configure network connectivity for supported programs.
• Experience required with Windows desktop operating systems
• Strong experience with system security including the management of Certificates, WSE, NTFS, Bitlocker, and Share level Permissions.
• Extensive network skills and experience including TCP/IP; DHCP, DNS, WINS, Workgroups, Domains, Active Directory. Additionally, the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of firewall, switches, and routers.
• Experience with Terminal Services & Citrix
• Understanding of relationship between switches, hubs, patch panels and connecting nodes to a network
• Working Knowledge of Non-Cisco Firewall Technologies ‐ SonicWALL, Linksys, NetGear
• Working Knowledge of Wireless Technologies
IT Helpdesk Support & Systems Engineer Credentials and Experience:
• Requires a minimum of five years of experience in the service industry, preferably critical, customer service experience
• Minimum 2 years’ experience – Cisco Switching, VLAN, Routing, Firewalling Support
• Minimum 2 years’ experience ‐ Server Hardware Technologies (CPU/RAID/SCSI) Support
• Minimum 2 years’ experience ‐ Data Backup and Recovery Support, Corporate Antivirus Support, VPN Connectivity Support
• The following certifications are preferred: MCDST, MCSE, MCP, CCNA/CCDA/CCNP, Project+, Network+, Apple
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.