IT System Administrator – MCSA
We are seeking an IT System Administrator that will primarily be working with Windows, VMware, SonicWall and Cisco environments on a Remote-basis, in a team environment, with an IT team that values true proactive management of their client’s technology..
This position is on the Service Desk (helping Junior Sys Admins learn and grow) and also working on the Project Engineering Team (completing projects 25% of the time).
CCNA is a big plus, Certifications are also obtainable (up to 3 per 18 months).
Network Security and Project Management skills are a plus and class room and Certifications will be provided during first 18 months of employment.
The IT System Administrator will be supporting external clients in the Financial Industry. The System Administrator will be the top Technical Leader for Virtualization, Windows systems and networking troubleshooting. The IT System Administrator will also be leading the Junior System Admins by providing technical leadership/oversight, engineering new virtualization projects for new clients. Minimal client visits is required. The System Administrator will be joining a 20 person Cloud, Hosting, Network Security firm that plans on revolutionizing the Cloud industry and bridging the gap between Cloud, Security and Private Cloud.
System Administrator – MCSA preferred
- Strong with Exchange, Hosted Exchange, Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy and knowledge of basic networking
- Supporting users remotely, working with a ticketing and monitoring system (Kaseya, LabTech, ConnectWise, etc.)
- Testing and evaluating network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements
- Supporting and administration of tier III issues.
- Recommending and building systems and efficiencies for end-user and overall client site support both remotely and on-site
- Local travel to client sites required as needed, but is minimal.
This job is best suited for Senior System or Networking Administrators or Engineers who have experience working for an IT Service Provider or Managed Service Provider.
Compensation: $55,000 – $75,000
Location: McLean, Virginia
$55,000 - $75,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.