IT Systems Administrator – Level II
We are currently seeking two IT System Administrators – Level II candidates to join the Managed Services Team.
As an IT System Administrator – Level II you’ll be a technical project liaison, providing hands-on IT support on Windows and VMware projects in a Managed Services Provider environment. This is an opportunity for candidates to gain experience with Windows Systems and Cisco networks. Specifically, you will gain knowledge with Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016 as well as with Exchange migrations from 2010 and 2013 to Office 365. You’ll receive hands-on experience building and supporting servers as well as virtualizing servers (VMware ESXi) .
The IT System Administrator – Level II will work on projects with Senior engineers. Projects include setting up Windows Servers and performing project installations and migrations.
This is an excellent opportunity to advance networking skills and grow towards a senior level engineer role.
This is full-time, salaried position with benefits.
IT System Administrator – Level II Requirements:
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2 and/or Server 2016
- An understanding of Microsoft Server, Active Directory and Group Policy (is a plus)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2013 and/or 2016
- Understanding of Office 365, Google Apps, and/or hosted Exchange
- General understanding of routing and switching
- Understanding of Dell hardware configuration and its server lines
- VMware ESXi and virtualizing servers
- CCNA/MCSA – preferred but not required
- Some knowledge of Service ticketing systems like ConnectWise.
This position is approx 25% – 50% project engineering. This position has a fast track (8 – 18 months) to an exclusive Engineering role. The IT Systems Admin will also receive up to 4 certifications in the first 24 months of employment.
Periodic travel is Local (20 miles radius from Huntington Beach, Los Angeles). Travel is reimbursed.
Huntington Beach, CA
$55,000 - $65,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.