Junior Cisco Network Engineer (CCNA)
We have a Cisco Engineer position open in Setauket, New York on Long Island.
This is a junior position requiring 2+ years of experience setting up and configurating Cisco equipment. Data Center experience is a plus. Possessing a CCNA is a plus.
The Junior Cisco Network Engineer will be joining a Cloud, Managed Services and Data Center company that services small to mid-size companies nationally. It is one of the most state-of-the-art data centers on the east coast of the US and the office/data center is housed in a large mansion-style office building that is beautifully set in the Setauket country side near the water.
Cisco Network Engineer Job Responsibilities Include:
- 2+ years of hands on networking experience (routing and switching) is required
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Team player: Will be working closely with 5-6 other people
- Create/maintain/improve network support documentation and processes
- Recommend and perform upgrades on systems to ensure uptime
- Contribute to planning, testing and responding to Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery events
- Ensure the infrastructure is properly monitored within set thresholds and that alerts regarding network outages are addressed in a timely manner
- Achieve all SLAs: functionality, availability, performance and security: VPNs, Wireless, and LAN/WAN
- Troubleshoot and repair network-related problems, system failures, switching/routing, etc.
- Identify/diagnose network configuration and/or performance irregularities. Develop procedures to respond to these irregularities in a timely manner
- Provide timely issue resolutions by evaluating, tracking, escalating, managing of all requests/problems reported
- Assists with creation/maintenance of customer service SLAs
Long Island, New York
$60,000 - $75,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.