Junior Desktop Administrator (Cloud)
We are currently seeking a Junior Cloud & Desktop Administrator seeking career advancement in the Managed Services, Cloud, Hosting industry.
You’ll be joining a nationally ranked Cloud and Managed Services Provider with 50+ employees servicing the small to mid-size business market (SMB). Having worked for a Managed Services Provider or Outsourced IT company or Hosting company or Cloud Services company is strongly desired.
The Junior Desktop Administrator will be part of a Data Cloud and Microsoft Cloud IT company. This position is located in Chicago, IL.
The position is ideal for junior technical candidates looking to advance and learn; they will receive certifications training and tests, on site training working on projects and interaction with lead engineers.
This position is ideal for someone looking to learn to enhance their technical skills, gain experience in a fast paced environment supporting multiple clients and move into a Solutions Engineering, Consulting or Managerial role.
Junior Desktop Administrator Description:
Provide Windows Server & Desktop Administration and support services (O365/Azure).
- Configure, install, and support desktop, server, network, and other enterprise infrastructure equipment in a business environment.
- Configure, install and support server software products including Microsoft Windows, VPN, VMware, Hyper-V, Active Directory, DNS, Exchange, Office 365
- As a Help Desk engineer, you will act as an escalation point from Tier 1 and 2
- Hands-on support of virtualized systems (VMware and Citrix)
- Provide technical support for Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems, hardware, software, virtualization and Cisco networking firewalls/switches
- Manage workflow in Connectwise
- Build and deploy servers and networks. Manage them using Labtech or Kaseya
- We are seeking motivated, driven, and curious people to join our rapidly advancing company
- Obtain VMware VCP, Cisco CCNA, Windows Citrix certifications within 18 months
- Work alongside two different project teams (Networking and Systems Support) to pick up new skills and learn from on-the-job training
- Must enjoy working in a team and play well with others
Classroom training and certifications are strongly encouraged and paid for. During the first 18 months of employment you can obtain 6 certifications. This is a full-time, salaried position with health, training, and retirement benefits.
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.