Junior Microsoft Network Specialist
We are currently seeking a full-time Junior Microsoft Network Specialist for an innovative Hybrid Cloud Solutions and Managed Cloud Services firm in Hauppauge, NY. This is an outstanding opportunity to learn and gain exposure to the newest Cloud and Security technologies. This position requires a certain degree of autonomy so candidates experienced at working on supporting multiple external locations is desired. This is primarily a remote support position in a fun, team environment.
Job Description for Junior Microsoft Network Specialist:
- 1+ years of related experience
- Associates degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related field (MSCA, CCNA, etc) is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in aspects of Microsoft administration for the Microsoft Windows operating system including installation, management, application deployment, and security as well as Exchange (2010/2013/2016)
- Experience configuring and administering Microsoft Office 365; exposure to Microsoft Azure
- Demonstrated expertise in TCP/IP network support, as well as network hardware and routing protocols (Cisco and WatchGuard strongly desired)
- Developing system, application, security, and network configurations (including network and domain migrations and upgrade paths)
- Recommending new technologies and solutions to proactively support the clients’ environment
- Testing and evaluating network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements
- Determining which products or services best fit the customers’ needs
- Recommending and building systems and efficiencies for end-user and overall client site support both remotely and on-site
- Providing tier-three support for Help Desk Technicians and assists in their training and education
- We are seeking motivated, driven, individuals to join our rapidly advancing company
- Obtain VMware VCP, Cisco CCNA, Windows MCSE/MCSA, Citrix certifications within 18 months
- Work alongside two different project teams (Networking and Systems Support) to pick up new skills and learn from on-the-job training
- Must enjoy working in a team and play well with others
This is a full-time permanent position with benefits, certifications and training (4 certifications in the first 24 months), classroom training and CCNA or VCP completed in the first 12 months.
$35,000 - $40,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.