Job Description for Junior Microsoft Network Specialist:
- Field engineering: Scheduled engagements providing on-site systems support directly to our customers in the greater metropolitan area.
- Administration and maintenance of servers, workstations, peripherals and services to managed Windows infrastructures
- Provide remote and on-site support
- Build and configure new server systems to replace or integrate with existing infrastructures. Plan and deploy upgrades to server systems to enhance functionality and administration.
- As a Network Specialist / Junior Systems Engineer, diagnose and troubleshoot server-related issues including Active Directory. Also provide second-level support for workstation and end-user related issues.
- Respond to server alerts via a monitoring system and effectively interface with senior management.
- Responsible for monitoring performance, system backups, logging, and network health working in a Junior Microsoft Network Engineering capacity.
Required qualifications for the Junior Microsoft Network Specialist:
- Requires a minimum of 2 to 4 years of technical-support related work, and 2 years of documented work relating specifically to Windows Server environments and items from the Job Description above.
- Proficiency with most aspects of computer systems management – new system installation and setup, printing systems, fundamentals of security and installing third-party software/ hardware, ability to find proper channels of support for third-party software/ hardware.
- Requires solid understanding of the Operating Systems; for example, installs, upgrades, paging and swapping, devices and device naming conventions, and performance monitoring.
- Neat appearance required