Junior Microsoft Network Specialist
We are currently seeking a full-time Junior Microsoft Network Specialist for an innovative Hybrid Cloud Solutions and Managed Cloud Services firm in Washington D.C. This is an outstanding opportunity to learn and gain exposure to the newest Cloud and Security technologies. This position requires a certain degree of autonomy so candidates experienced at working on projects independently are strongly preferred. This is primarily a field technician position and candidates possessing field tech experience are strongly preferred.
Job Description for Junior Microsoft Network Specialist:
- Field engineering: Scheduled engagements providing on-site systems support directly to our customers in the greater metropolitan area.
- Administration and maintenance of servers, workstations, peripherals and services to managed Windows infrastructures
- Provide remote and on-site support
- Build and configure new server systems to replace or integrate with existing infrastructures. Plan and deploy upgrades to server systems to enhance functionality and administration.
- As a Network Specialist / Junior Systems Engineer, diagnose and troubleshoot server-related issues including Active Directory. Also provide second-level support for workstation and end-user related issues.
- Respond to server alerts via a monitoring system and effectively interface with senior management.
- Responsible for monitoring performance, system backups, logging, and network health working in a Junior Microsoft Network Engineering capacity.
Required qualifications for the Junior Microsoft Network Specialist:
- Requires a minimum of 2 to 4 years of technical-support related work, and 2 years of documented work relating specifically to Windows Server environments and items from the Job Description above.
- Proficiency with most aspects of computer systems management – new system installation and setup, printing systems, fundamentals of security and installing third-party software/ hardware, ability to find proper channels of support for third-party software/ hardware.
- Requires solid understanding of the Operating Systems; for example, installs, upgrades, paging and swapping, devices and device naming conventions, and performance monitoring.
- Neat appearance required
$50,000 - $65,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.