Junior Microsoft Systems Engineer
We are seeking a Junior Microsoft Systems Engineer to join a IT Hosting, Cloud and Managed Service Provider that supports small to medium-sized businesses in the Washington, D.C. area. This position is ideal for candidates possessing 1-2+ years of IT experience with Microsoft technologies including Windows Server, Exchange and Active Directory.
The Junior Microsoft Systems Engineer will be supporting approximately 10 clients in the Financial, Law Firm and Healthcare industries. If you’re looking for a company that will allow you to rapidly grow into a more senior level role, this is the position for you. This position offers the right Junior Microsoft Systems Engineer applicant the opportunity to join an experienced Microsoft, Cloud Engineering team at a fast paced and growing Managed Service Provider. This company employees some of the best senior level engineers in the industry and the Junior Microsoft Systems Engineer will be working side by side with more established team members. This company offers full benefits and a flexible work schedule.
Qualified candidates should have experience with MOST of the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server including installation, management, application deployment, and security.
- Exchange 2010/2013/2016 and MS Server 2012/2016
- Experience with Office 365 and Azure
- Experience in the design, inception, setup, maintenance and implementation of virtual environments with VMware and Hyper-V
- Strong leadership potential and a desire to develop as a leader.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group, including direction and implementation of projects from inception to completion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work on call or off hours shifts. This position requires local travel to client offices.
- Experience working in a variety of client situations, from large scale to small scale environments.
- Demonstrable ability to analyze systems and identify problems, evaluate data, design solutions to identified and defined problems, document data, and encourage maximum uptime for client systems.
- Excellent client services skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with a ticketing system like Connectwise or Autotask
$40,000 - $55,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.