Junior System & Network Administrator – Field Engineer
Junior System & Network Administrator – Field Engineer Job Summary
We are a growing IT Solutions Provider and we believe that technology drives innovation, but people are what makes it a success. We are committed to creating a work culture where our employees are happy, empowered and excited to come to work every day. Our commitment to each other is why we are a recognized leader for our culture, employee satisfaction and career growth opportunities. Our dynamic team is made up of problem-solvers driven by a desire to help customers succeed. We’re looking for people who share that same drive and who are looking to combine teamwork with technology to produce amazing results.
We are currently in need of a Junior System & Network Administrator – Field Engineer.
The Junior System & Network Administrator – Field Engineer will be responsible for acting as the first escalation point from the help desk, maintaining clients’ servers (2012, 2016, 2019), and project work on a week-to-week basis. This position reports to the Team Leader.
Junior System & Network Administrator – Field Engineer Responsibilities:
- Reviews ticketing and monitoring dashboards for timely assignment of tickets
- Checks, validates and updates ticket documentation (contact, ticket fields, etc.)
- Quickly and accurately prioritizes incidents and promotes proper Incident Management
- Troubleshoots, escalates, and/or resolves tickets within defined SLAs
- Leverages remote support tools to resolve support requests
- Appropriately manages expectations of clients and peers
- Identifies solutions for hardware, software, and network issues
- Assists with special projects as assigned
Junior System & Network Administrator – Field Engineer Qualifications:
- 2-5 years’ experience with Windows Server 2012 and up
- Strong Experience with AD (and Azure AD)
- Experience in an IT services capacity preferred
- O365 Administration a must, experience migrating to O365 a big plus
- Prior experience with IT Service Management systems (i.e. Remedy, ServiceNow, ConnectWise, Autotask, N-central, Kaseya, etc.),
- Has a high degree of professionalism, attentiveness and communication excellence (both verbal and written)
- Ability to troubleshoot issues, identify solutions and appropriately escalate issues, required
Junior System & Network Administrator – Field Engineer Salary range:
As stated in the opening paragraph, we are successful because of our employees. Our typical starting salary for our Junior System & Network Administrator is $65k-$75k. But if you have a little less or more experience than our average hire, show promise and a great personality with a work ethic, we will hire at both less and above that range.
Junior System & Network Administrator – Field Engineer Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance provided
- Simple IRA with match
- 3 weeks PTO
- Paid Microsoft training and certification reimbursement
*Actual salary for Junior System & Network Administrator – Field Engineer to commensurate with experience*
Elmwood Park, NJ
$65,000 - $75,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.