Junior Virtualization Engineer
Bowman Williams is currently seeking a Virtualization Entry-Level Engineer (with some Networking experience).
There are currently three (2) positions open to join the Client Hosting Support Team at the entry-level. This position is best suited for a Windows, VMware, Network Support Technician generalist who has at least 1+ years of server experience. The Virtualization Engineer will be part of a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that provides hosted software solutions for the largest and most well-known Social Media companies in the US. They have 80+ employees and have been in business for over a decade.
The Virtualization Entry-Level Network Engineer will also received $3,500 a year at their discretion for training and certifications.
The ideal Virtualization Entry-Level Network Engineer candidate for this position would be able to demonstrate up to date skills in aspects of the Microsoft Windows operating system including installation, management, application deployment, and security as well as Exchange (2003/2007), and working knowledge of MS Server 2003/2008.
- Demonstrable ability with virtualization system support and basic network configurations
- Recommending new Windows and VMware solutions/technologies and hardware/software solutions to clients.
- Recommending and building systems and efficiencies for end-user and overall client site support both remotely and on-site
- Local travel to client sites required as needed.
- Experience migrating servers to the Cloud, P2Vs of Windows Server 2012 R2 and/or Server 2016 and VMware ESXi
- An understanding of Hyper-V, performing automous migrations to the Cloud
- Microsoft Server, Active Directory and Group Policy (is a plus)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2013 and/or 2016
- Understanding of Office 365, Google Apps, and/or hosted Exchange
- General understanding of routing and switching
- Understanding of Dell hardware configuration and its server lines
- CCNA – preferred but not required
- Some knowledge of Service ticketing systems like ConnectWise.
$55,000 to $65,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.