Junior VMware Consultant
Bowman Williams is seeking a full time Junior VMware Consultant for a boutique IT Consulting, Cloud, Managed Service Provider in Washington D.C.
This is an outstanding opportunity to learn and gain exposure to the newest virtualization technologies. The Junior VMware Consultant requires a certain degree of autonomy so candidates experienced at working on projects independently are strongly preferred. This is a field technician position and candidates possessing field tech experience are strongly preferred. This position will be part of an industry leader in Managed Services for over 10 years and will provide significant training to help the chosen candidate become a senior level administrator/engineer as quickly as possible. The benefits are comprehensive and the schedule is flexible.
Job Description for Junior VMware Consultant:
- 60% Field engineering: Scheduled engagements providing on-site systems support directly to our customers in the greater metropolitan area.
- Administration and maintenance of servers, workstations, and services to managed Windows infrastructures
- Provide remote and on-site support
- Build and configure new server systems to replace or integrate with existing infrastructures.
- As a Junior VMware Consultant, diagnose and troubleshoot server-related issues including Active Directory.
- Respond to server alerts via a monitoring system and effectively interface with senior management.
- Responsible for monitoring performance, system backups, logging, and network health working in a Junior Microsoft Network Engineering capacity.
Required qualifications for the Junior VMware Consultant:
- Strong work ethic
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail.
- Requires a minimum of 2 to 4 years of technical-support related work
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.