Mid to Senior Systems Engineer
Mid to Senior Systems Engineer – Projects, O365, Cloud, Azure, VMware
We are a Cloud and Managed services company servicing the Greater DC area (can sit 100% remote) market. We need a Mid to Senior Systems Engineer in the $55K-$70K range. The Mid to Senior Systems Engineer would be managing projects, doing hands-on project work and some escalation support.
The makeup of projects vs escalations for the Mid to Senior Systems Engineer will be a sliding scale but during the busy season, projects could be 90%+ of your work. To be successful, you need to be a detailed individual with strong O365 and Windows Server experience. Cisco and Meraki experience would be great too. This will be a mixture of in the office and out at clients sites so someone that is client facing and able to talk to C Level Executives is needed.
The Mid to Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for handling technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware/software, and all SMB Microsoft tech i.e. AD, GPOs, Exchange, O365, etc. as well as projects, deployments, and implementations.
The day to day break down for the Mid to Senior Systems Engineer would be about 30% escalation support, 70% projects (but at peak times during the year could be 80-90%+ projects).
In short, you will need strong experience in VMware, Windows, AD, O365 deployments/migrations.
Day to day for the Mid to Senior Systems Engineer:
• Handling a mixed bag of projects/deployments and escalated backend support.
• Build out networks from scratch, meaning unboxing equipment, assemble/test, install VMware, install server OS, install apps and migrate all data to new system.
• Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
• Work with and advise team members and customers on best practices, advanced troubleshooting, and future systems designs
• Design and implement system requirements, processes, and design specs based on organizational needs, security/compliance policy, and industry trends
• Designing, implementing, and troubleshooting multi-site Active Directory 2008/2012 environments
configurations (including but not limited to routing, routing protocols, switching, internet, and overall network architecture).
• Designing, implementing and troubleshooting virtualization environments
• Designing, implementing and troubleshooting storage area networks
• Test and evaluate network systems to eliminate issues and create improvements
Benefits for Mid to Senior Systems Engineer:
• Quarterly bonuses
• Work on projects
• Certification reimbursement
• Full health care benefits
• 401k and match
• Salary of $55K-$70K
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.