Network Security and Systems Engineer
The Network Security Systems Engineer will provide thought leadership for IT security projects to small cross-functional teams to deploy new cloud computing (Private & Public Cloud & Windows & VMware) customer environments.
The Network Security Systems Engineer will also interface with senior management to develop, improve, and execute the Cloud Computing strategy and road map for their clients, avoiding landmines for security faults. The Network Security / Systems Engineer will be part of a 80+ person IT Cloud Computing, Network Security, Business Continuity, and Data Center Solutions firm that is HQ in New York City, delivering solutions to the Financial Sector and Professional Services Industry.
**Perks** company car and work from home options for well-qualified candidates after 6 months of employment. Health benefits, 401(k) match at 4%, disability insurance, profit sharing and regular reviews to support our rapid advancement.
Develop deployment plans for each client network, overseeing the deployment of network-based intrusion detection/prevention solutions, and perform system configuration & maintaining of client physical and virtual (Windows/VMware) environments.
Network Security Responsibilities:
• Maintain, fine-tuning, troubleshoot & resolve network problems
• Track and report on status, i.e. up/down, current network connectivity, troubleshooting process. Understand and support changes to the topology.
• Understand current physical layout and be able to access and maintain software on the physical hardware.
Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
- Experience with configuring/administering VMware
- Experience with Windows based Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
- Ability to configure Cisco routers and switches
- Understanding of IP networking including DNS, messaging and routing
- Experience with VoIP technology
New York, New York
$70,000 - $100,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.