Senior System Engineer / Solutions Architect – Azure
Senior System Engineer / Solutions Architect – Azure Description
We are seeking a new crucial member for our Engineering team to support our clients’ infrastructure. We are looking for an experienced Senior System Engineer / Solutions Architect – Azure who loves learning on the job and relishes the opportunity to be inventive about spearheading innovation in the systems and tools that run our infrastructure.
The ideal team member will dive into learning the existing systems and apply their extensive technical knowledge in Active Directory, systems management, cloud (Microsoft Azure & O365) and automation to maintain the existing infrastructure on a small collaborative team as well as constructively recommend and implement improvements.
We are looking for a high-level Senior System Engineer / Solutions Architect – Azure who wishes to take their career to the next level by joining our Engineering team. Our unique culture allows employees to grow and develop technically while working at a company that encourages creativity, mentoring, knowledge sharing, and inclusion.
Senior System Engineer / Solutions Architect – Azure Primary Responsibility: Responsible for implementation of architectural design of hardware, software and/or networking systems.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITY: Intermediate to advanced knowledge of: OSs and distributions, Cloud, patching, monitoring, RAID, security, web servers, cluster management, high availability, root cause analysis, systems optimization, configuration and source code management, database administration, scripting language, auth/directory services, backups, caching, SSL certificates, storage, packet analysis, PowerShell, hardware, virtualization, networking, firewalls, load balancing, troubleshooting, stack trace analysis, methodologies of design and implementation. Understand automation principles and design.
- JOB COMPLEXITY: Senior System Engineer / Solutions Architect – Azure is responsible for implementation of architectural design of hardware, software, networking, and cloud infrastructures. Analyzes systems and determines business requirements. Ensures completeness and compatibility of the technical infrastructure to support system performance. Keeps informed of new technology.
- SUPERVISION: Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work. General instructions on new assignments. Mentors junior staff.
- EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Requires a minimum of 4 years Windows system engineering experience, including systems administration or engineering experience. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred. MCSE preferred.
Senior System Engineer / Solutions Architect – Azure benefits:
This is a full-time position and thus the Senior System Engineer / Solutions Architect – Azure will be provided all the benefits that come with being a full-time employee including…
- Salary range 100k-130k
- 100% employer paid health/medical insurance
- 401k and match
- Unlimited PTO policy (after 1 year)
- Certification reimbursement
- Career path to management
- And more…
*Actual salary for the Senior System Engineer / Solutions Architect – Azure chosen shall commensurate with experience*
$100-000 - $130,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.