Solutions Engineer – Networks & Systems – Managed Service Provider (MSP)
We are seeking a Senior Solutions Engineer to join the Technology Services Team. This team is the heart and soul of the Professional Services Team (projects) and provides solutions, projects and deployments to the Cloud: Virtualized Desktop (VDI, Network Security Services and Proactive Managed Services onboarding setup.
The Solutions Engineer will be one of three Senior Engineers in the 40-person company. The is a LEADERSHIP role.
The Solutions Engineer will be joining a privately-held 40+ employee IT company, servicing the small to mid-size market in the Dallas/Fort Worth and Austin Texas area.
This is a team-based position, interacting with clients and interfacing with your peers on a team ranging between 6-12 people.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Benefits include generous 100% health care coverage for employee AND employee spouse, *Substantial training will be provided along with Certifications, the goal is to advance each employee via continual learning.*
Solutions Engineer – Technology Services Team (Professional Services)
In-depth knowledge of Windows, VMware, SAN, NetApp and Cisco.
The Solutions Engineer will be one of three Senior Engineers in the 40-person company.
50% of time is spent developing solutions for SMB clients: perform network assessments, SoW and deliver hands-on IT solutions
20% of time is spent handling escalation tickets and high-level networking (Cisco and Fortinet) or Windows Server/VMware issues.
30% of time is spent conceptualizing solutions, designs and engineering IT roadmaps for client networks.
- Hands on implementation experience with of currently supported Windows Operating Systems (Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016)
- Installation (from bare metal), migration (between versions of Active Directory), configuration, and troubleshooting
- Intimate knowledge of Virtualization Technologies (Hyper-V, VMware ESXi, vSphere, Clustering – having personally performed P2V and V2V migrations)
- Experience with Dell server platforms including RAID and Equalogic SAN.
- Cisco Switches and Routers, proficient with configuring on the command line
- Check Point Firewalls
- Cisco ISE, Meraki Wireless
Compensation ranges from $85,000 – $125,000 + bonuses + profit sharing +100% health care coverage for employee and employee spouse.
$85,000 - $125,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.