System Engineer – Voice & Data
Bowman Williams Staffs the Cloud.
We are a staffing firm that exclusively partners with Cloud and Hosting Companies, Managed Service Providers and Data Centers. We are only a good resource for permanent, full-time hire.
We are seeking a System Engineer (voice & data) for a position in the D.C. Metro Area. This Engineer will be part of both the System Administration Team supporting Windows system environments and the VoIP Team helping with installations and networking. This company was ranked by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in 2009. They have over 80 employees and have been in business for nearly 15 years. The ideal System Engineer will have mid-level or better experience with Windows, Cisco, VMware and VoIP (ideally SIP-based phone systems)
System Engineer Description
The ideal System Engineer candidate will be proficient installing Windows, Exchange and VoIP systems.
- Tier II system engineer experience with Microsoft Windows server infrastructure including demonstrable experience with Active Directory, VMware, Windows 2012/2016 Server , MS Exchange 2010/2013 and MS SQL Server.
- Administration and migration experience with Office 365 and Azure
- The System Engineer candidate will possess system and networking expertise in the areas of network design, configuration for voice & data implementations.
- Prepares technical reports on the operation of systems and provides training in system use and access.
- Works closely with other groups to coordinate plans and activities, including coordination to facilitate specific development projects that involve systems, as well as the coordination of software upgrades and installation of software patches.
- Local travel to client sites center is required about 30% of the time.
The ideal System Engineer would possess a 3+ years working for a Managed Service Provider or VoIP Service or Hosting company.
$70,000 - $95,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.