Systems Administrator and Virtualization – Cloud Engineering Team
We are seeking a Virtualization Systems Administrator to join the Cloud Engineering Team based in Reston, VA.
The Virtualization Systems Administrator is best characterized as a Tier II Systems Administrator that will onboarding new clients to the Cloud, virtualizing networks (VMware) and supporting Windows Server environments. The Systems Admin will be part of a 150-person IT Cloud and Managed Services Provider that is continually ranked as one of the Fastest Growing Cloud Providers Top 100 List in CRN and the MSPmentor.
VMware Sys Administrator is a high-level IT administrator and will be handling the hands-on delivery of new client onboarding to the Cloud, system design and leading client projects and migrations for SMB clients in the D.C. metro.
Benefits Include: Certifications in Microsoft, VMware, AWS or Azure, matching 401(k), great health coverage and family plan options including vision and dental, generous vacation package, certifcation and classroom training is paid by the company.
Compensation: Salary ranges from $65,000 – $85,000
Virtualization Systems Administrator
- Experience administering and migrating Office 365
- Virtualization Technologies — VMware /Hyper-v
- Experience with installing and administering Exchange servers in a Microsoft Active Directory-based environment
- Windows Server R2 2012 or older
- Support and migration experience of O365
- Experience with VMware ESXi, P2Vs, virtualizing systems and networks for SMBs
- Knowledge of RMM tools such as Kaseya, LabTech, ConnectWise or a PLUS.
- Experience working in Microsoft Azure is a PLUS
- Meraki, Cisco or SonicWall experience with network fundamentals TCP/IP networking
Virtualization Systems Administrator Responsibilities:
- Onboard new clients
- Suggest new technologies and consult with decision makers
- Migrate 365
- Configure and deploy Windows and VMware ESXi
- Install and configure Cisco, Meraki and SonicWall devices.
$65,000 - $85,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.