Systems Administrator – Junior CCNA
Looking to move off the Helpdesk and into a Systems Administration role?
We have a Tier I Systems Administrator position open with a Cloud, Hosting, Data Security and Managed Services Provider in Syosset, NY.
The Tier I Systems Administrator role has two primary functions: 1) Junior System Administration of Windows Server, VMware, Exchange, Citrix and project deployments of new infrastructure and 2) this position is client-facing so we need someone with great people skills, plus since we are a dynamic/challenging environment we are targeting candidates with a personality that melds well with everyone here.
Beyond good personality we need someone with great troubleshooting skills, basic networking skills, basic A/D, and GPO creation and able to spin up new VMs.
Possessing a CCNA is a plus – but not required.
Most of the work would be reactive IT support for SMBs with some light Windows/Networking project work and getting hands on in the field training. There would be some local travel required on a need basis, but we have a company vehicle for that, so no adding miles to your own car.
We are offering a career here, not a job, we want someone that we can train up and career track them to a server engineer.
Requirements of the Tier 1 Systems Administrator:
- Solid practical understanding of Windows Server and Cisco internetworking devices.
- Basic knowledge (CCNA-level) of routing and switching for the design of SMB networks
- Experience with technologies including: Windows 2012 / 2016 Server including Active Directory, Exchange Server, Group Policy
- Terminal Services including Citrix, Cisco Products, SonicWALL and general WAN/LAN Concepts
- Experience with a ticketing system like ConnectWise or Autotask
**This is a full-time permanent position with a salary, great benefits including a 401(k), profit sharing and fun team-night-out activities**
$45,000 - $65,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.