Systems and Networking Engineer – Technical Leadership
We are seeking an IT System & Networking Engineer that will be the Tier II Technical Lead for the junior System Administrator working on the Service Desk (helping Junior Sys Admins learn and grow) and also working on the Project Engineering Team (completing projects 75% of the time). Network Security and Project Management skills are a plus and class room and Certifications will be provided during first 18 months of employment.
The IT System & Networking Engineer will be supporting external clients in the Financial Industry. The System and Network Engineer will be the top Technical Leader for Virtualization, Windows systems and networking troubleshooting. The IT System and Networking Administrator will also be leading the junior system admins by providing technical leadership/oversight, engineering new virtualization projects for new clients. Minimal client visits is required. The System Engineer Tier III Escalation Support person will be joining an 80 person Cloud, Hosting, Network Security firm that is ranked one of the fastest growing IT companies in the world.
System Engineer – Technical Lead Requirements:
- Strong with Exchange, Hosted Exchange, Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy and knowledge of basic networking
- Supporting users remotely, working with a ticketing and monitoring system (Kaseya, LabTech, ConnectWise, etc.)
- Testing and evaluating network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements
- Supporting and administration of tier III issues.
- Recommending and building systems and efficiencies for end-user and overall client site support both remotely and on-site
- Local travel to client sites required as needed, but is minimal.
This job is best suited for Senior System or Networking Administrators or Engineer who have experience working for an IT Service Provider or Managed Service Provider, looking to advance their career with one of the fastest growing and well-known MSP companies in the world.
Compensation: $75,000 – $90,000
Location: Chicago, Illinois
New York, New York City
$75,000 - $90,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.