Systems Engineer – Hybrid Cloud VMware Platform
Bowman Williams is accepting applications for a Systems Engineer to support a hybrid Cloud VMware Platform in Washington DC area. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for working on the Engineering team to help clients define and establish new VMware System setups. System Engineer applicants must have a solid foundation in network components, firewalls, switches /routers and the VMware platform.
This company allows customers to centrally monitor and provision public clouds from a dozen vendors, including Amazon, Azure, Citrix, Dell, and Rackspace.
It includes full benefits, 401(k), paid overtime, tuition reimbursement, great starting vacation package, profit sharing and a partial membmership to the local country club.
Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
- Backup production workloads (VM’s) and considerations for snapshots
- Microsoft Server 2003/2008 and Exchange 2007
- Support, maintain VMware infrastructure with Windows
- Support of IP networks
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and drive to be successful
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or assistance
- Experience with VMware infrastructure
- 3+ years real-world experience implementing and managing technology projects ideally in a 24/7 environment
- MSCE, MCSA, VCP is a plus, but not required.
$70,000 to $95,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.