Systems Engineer – vCIO – Cloud Services
We are seeking a Systems Engineer in Chicago (Downers Grove, IL).
Join a company that is employee-owned, has doubled in size and more than doubled in revenue in the last 3 years.
The Systems Engineer designs, supervises and participates in the implementation of physical and virtual technology solutions for SMB environments. You’ll be joining an IT Managed Service/Cloud Service provider in Downers Grove, IL. The Senior Systems Engineer will be part of a Senior Solutions Team of 5 other individuals and joining a company that has been in business for over 20 years.
The primary responsibility of the System Engineer is to A) perform IT Project completion for external SMB client environments, primarily Law Firms and Financial Firms and 2) to provide IT roadmapping and education to key decision makers.
With a new, campus-style office and a stimulating team-oriented work environment, you’ll be joining a solutions-oriented IT company for small-to-mid size businesses.
This position will be partly field tech work but mostly remote engineering of Windows/VMware and Client on-boarding, overseeing key client projects and IT initiatives.
The Systems Engineer – vCIO will work with small company stake holders to engineer technology solutions that enable them to reduce IT costs by hosting in the Cloud. Experience working for an IT company in the past is a MUST. Must have experience at a senior level with Windows (SMB-sized clients) and virtualization.
Compensation is base salary, 100% health benefits coverage, paid-overtime and flexible schedule for proven employees.
Most Important, primary responsibilities of the Systems Engineer – vCIO:
- vCIO Roles and Responsibilities
- Planning meetings with assigned accounts. Regularity depends on account size and complexity
- Unique client touches, escalated issues, host client meetings
- Regular meetings/assessments with Network Admin team to review technology alignment
- Client Business Impact: Prepare recommendations based on technical alignment and identify how misalignments may affect the client’s business
- The Systems Engineer – vCIO designs, supervises and participates in the implementation of technologies and physical and virtual platforms
- Meet with clients (C-levels of SMBs) to consult on IT roadmapping, Cloud Services, Managed Services
- Experienced in setup and management of ESX virtual hosts.
- VMware ESXi vSphere support, server or consulting experience.
Less Important, but still applicable responsibilities:
- You appreciate learning and continual skill and personal development
- You enjoy helping others, being on a team and seeing other people succeed.
- You produce appropriate documentation 🙂
Downers Grove, IL
$75,000 - $110,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.