Systems Engineer – Windows and VMware
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to join the Systems Support-side of the house (Windows, VMware) to provide IT services.
The Systems Engineer will be joining a fast growing, Cloud and Managed Service Provider based in Chicago with 80 employees, a beautiful new office space and continually growing and hiring. Opening a new state of the art data center and Customer Support Center for private and public cloud solutions to the mid-market, primarily financial institutions, we are seeking a candidate that has a strong Windows / VMware background.
The main responsibilities of the Systems Engineer will be to support external client networks, primarily Windows, VMware, Exchange 365, and solutions for SMB companies.
Qualifications include a demonstrated experience in small to mid-sized office networks.
At least 3-5 years of related experience is required and a bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2 and/or Server 2016
- Experience configuring and administering VSphere and ESXi
- An understanding of Microsoft Server, Active Directory and Group Policy (is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2013 and/or 2016
- Understanding of Office 365, Google Apps, and/or hosted Exchange. Experience with email migrations from one platform to another
- Good understanding of routing and switching
- Understanding of Dell hardware configuration and its server lines
- VMware ESXi and server virtualizion project experience
- CCNA, MCSA – preferred but not required
- Some knowledge of Service ticketing systems like ConnectWise.
$50,000 - $70,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.