Systems Engineer – Windows and VMware
This position is for a Cloud and Managed Service Provider based in Herndon, VA with 80 employees, a beautiful new office space and they are continually growing and hiring. Opening a new state of the art data center and Customer Support Center, for private and public cloud solutions to the mid-market, primarily financial institutions, we are seeking a candidate that has a strong Windows / Microsoft background and strong virtualization background (VMware preferred).
The main responsibilities of the Systems Engineer will be to support Windows desktops, Exchange 365, and VMware system solutions for SMB companies.
Qualifications include a demonstrated experience in Microsoft Windows Virtualization technologies.
At least 3-5 years of related experience is required and a bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2 and/or Server 2016
- Experience configuring and administering VSphere and ESXi
- An understanding of Microsoft Server, Active Directory and Group Policy (is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2013 and/or 2016
- Understanding of Office 365, Google Apps, and/or hosted Exchange. Experience with email migrations from one platform to another
- Good understanding of routing and switching
- Understanding of Dell hardware configuration and its server lines
- VMware ESXi and server virtualizion project experience
- CCNA, MCSA – preferred but not required
- Some knowledge of Service ticketing systems like ConnectWise.
$50,000 - $70,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.