Bowman Williams Staffs the Cloud.
We are a staffing firm that exclusively partners with Cloud and Hosting Companies, Managed Service Providers and Data Centers. We are only a good resource for permanent, full-time hire.
We are looking for a Tier 1 Microsoft Platform Specialist for one of our clients. The chosen candidate will be joining one of the area’s fastest growing Saas, IaaS and Storage Solution companies. This position offers you the opportunity to learn new skills in Server administration and engineering while working with innovators at a recognized “Great Places To Work.”
The Tier 1 Microsoft Platform Specialist will have the opportunity to increase your skills in cloud computing, network management, and Microsoft systems design. Enjoy excellent benefits, and get your career moving as an Tier 1 Microsoft Platform Specialist with a company that prefers to promote from within.
- Administration, design and troubleshooting of systems running MS Windows
- Experience installing, administrating and troubleshooting My SQL, MS Server 2003/2008, MS Exchange 2007/2010, and Microsoft Virtual Server Solutions.
- Experience with security and network configurations, including firewalls and routers
- Familiarity with VMWare and other cloud computing technologies
You will also need:
- A strong work ethic, curiosity and a desire to improve your skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- A positive, winning attitude
- Excellent time management, organization and multi-tasking skills
This position requires 2 -3 years of experience. The company prefers that you have a Bachelor’s degree in information systems, engineering or a similar related field, but will consider equivalent experience if you do not have a degree. Certifications such as MCSA and CCNA are a plus.
Local travel to client sites is may be required.