Tier 1 Service Engineer – Entry Level
This ad is for an Tier 1 Service Engineer – Entry Level and is a full-time direct hire W2 position.
Bachelors degree plus an internship or 1-2 years experience in real-world IT, or even working part-time IT while in college is perfect. We seek ambitious, hard workers that want to put the work in and learn, and build their career. We’ll not only pay for your certifications but give you bonuses when you pass!
We are a privately held information technology services company based on Long Island. Since 2001, our engineers have serviced small and medium-sized with cost-effective, Professional IT support and services in the New York City metropolitan area for clients including financial services firms, law firms, real estate, non-profits, charter schools, and others.
Tier 1 Service Engineer – Entry Level Responsibilities:
• Prompt response to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, and electronically
• Diagnose and resolve IT related hardware and software issues
• Work independently within assigned priorities and project schedules
• Be willing to work outside of the standard business hours as necessary
• Monitor company provided mobile device for urgent issues
• Clear, courteous and professional verbal and written skills
Tier 1 Service Engineer – Entry Level Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or similar
• Experience supporting Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
• Basic network connectivity troubleshooting skills
• Basic spyware removal experience
Tier 1 Service Engineer – Entry Level pluses:
• Familiarity with remote support software ie, LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, etc…
• Experience with Citrix Xendesktop or Xenapp
• Familiarity with installation and configuration of Windows Servers
• Network infrastructure configuration: Router, switch, and firewalls
• Virtualization: VMWare ESXi or Microsoft Hyper-V
• Experience with imaging software, such as WDS, Ghost or Clonezilla
• Experience with managing active directory accounts
Tier 1 Service Engineer – Entry Level Salary & Benefits:
Base of 30-45k plus 10 to 15k in benefits/bonuses/annual raises
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by excellent benefits including health insurance, 401k matching and company-sponsored certification exams including Microsoft, Cisco, and others.
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.