Tier III – Microsoft System Engineer (VMware)
Bowman Williams is seeking a Tier III – Senior Microsoft System Engineer who is strong with VMware. A VCP is plus but not required. A top managed service provider, hosting and engineering firm in Fairfax, VA, is hiring a Senior Engineer to join their Cloud Support Team (CST Team). As a senior level Tier III Microsoft System Engineer, the ideal candidate for this position will have a background working with many fundamental Windows and VMware technologies as well as previous experience serving in a leadership role.
There are many responsibilities the System Engineer will have on a daily basis. The candidate will develop and maintain Windows network systems per the customers’ requirements. Support and troubleshooting will be provided as efficiently as possible. The Tier III Senior Microsoft System Engineer will work with clients to design their infrastructure topography and virtualization solutions. The candidate will act as a team leader and guide lower-level engineers when needed.
The skills and abilities needed to be considered for the position are as follows:
- Tier III experience supporting Windows and VMware
- Expertise of Microsoft Server
- Familiarity with various firewalls, routers, switches, and TCP/IP.
- Excellent communication skills including oral and technical writing.
- (CCNA, CCNP,VCP) are preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is also preferred, however equivalent experience can be substituted.
$80,000 - $120,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.