Virtual Cloud System Administrator – NOC
We are seeking a Virtual Cloud Systems Administrator for a position in a NOC in Manhattan.
The Virtual Cloud Systems Administrator will be administrating Windows Servers and VMware Servers. Qualified system administrators must have either worked for a Managed Services Provider, Cloud Services Provider, NOC, Data Center or have similar experience supporting multiple clients.
The Cloud Systems Administrator will support a VMware platform solution (from a NOC and traveling to client sites 10%-20% of the time) for small to mid-size clients. Qualified Cloud Systems Administrators will have the opportunity for quick advancement into five (5) different lines of business including Project Escalation, Migrations and Installations, Managed Services, Co-location and Project Management.
Cloud Systems Administrator Job Duties:
- Configure Windows/Microsoft networks to ensure their smooth and reliable for fulfilling SMB objectives and processes
- Build VMware servers and support a VMware ESX/ESXi 4/5 environment
- Collaborate with clients to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs for managed services
- Hands on installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of customer managed hardware, software, and peripheral devices
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, and other network appliances
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry
Qualified Cloud Systems Administrators should have:
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems experience
- Microsoft Workstation Operating Systems
- Other Microsoft servers (i.e. Exchange)
Manhattan, New York
$60,000 - $80,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.