VMware Systems Engineer – Field Technician
We are currently seeking a VMware Systems Engineer.
The primary responsibility of the Systems Engineer is to design and implement VMware and Windows system solutions for existing small and mid-size clients in the DC Metro area. You will spend approximately 25% of your time on client sites (all local travel).
- 50% of your time is spent designing/implementing new VMware and hosted solutions
- 25% of your time is spent troubleshooting client sites and finishing installations for junior engineers (level I and II)
- 25% of your time is spent working on internal IT projects alongside the CIO
The VMware Systems Engineer role will be working with a team of 8 other engineers. This position offers chances for quick advancement, regular reviews, and professional growth.
The company has over 20 years of being in business and was ranked by Inc. Magazine and Forbes as one of the fastest growing IT companies in the country in 2008 and 2011.
VMware Systems Engineer Description:
- Experience with the Microsoft Windows operating system
- Experience performing migrations from Exchange 2007 to 2010 or similar experience
- Experience in the design, inception, setup, maintenance and implementation of virtual environments with VMware Infrastructure
- Strong leadership potential and a desire to develop as a leader.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group, including direction and implementation of projects from inception to completion.
Benefits: Health coverage is 100%, certification reimbursement, industry conventions and trade shows, matching 401(k), and paid overtime. CCNA training and test will be paid for and required during the first 2 years.
$70,000 - $90,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.