VMware Virtualization Engineer – Tier II
Bowman Williams Staffs the Cloud.
We are a staffing firm that exclusively partners with Cloud and Hosting Companies, Managed Service Providers and Data Centers. We are only a good resource for permanent, full-time hire. We are a hub for the Cloud Services industry and a good resource for industry-experienced candidates looking to further their IT career.
We have a position for a VMware Virtualization Engineer – Tier II that has mid-level experience designing and supporting VMware and Windows environments/platforms, interfacing with clients and consulting on infrastructure solutions for the SMB market. This company produces desktop application that allows users to upload information to the cloud quickly and easily. This application allows the users to log into the cloud from any computer in the world to access their information and also provides an unlimited amount of cloud storage space. This company is quickly growing and due to the popularity of their product, they are looking to add engineers and administrators to their staff to help keep up with their customer demand.
VMware Virtualization Engineer Requirements:
- Extensive experience with Virtualization platforms, specifically, VMware and vCloud are a plus.
- Responsible for continued build out and maintaining of VMware vCloud Director and Xen based Self Service Cloud infrastructure.
- Building of host servers, SAN’s and assist in set-up of networking and firewalls for cloud infrastructure.
- Defining processes and procedures for fast paced growth of the cloud platform to ensure uniform, repeatable addition to all infrastructure components.
- Work closely with customers during the on-boarding process to get them seamlessly setup on the cloud.
- Troubleshoot issues and support customers through phone and ticket queue support systems.
- Provide user support for Level 2 and Level 3 support issue escalations.
- Research, evaluate, recommend, and implement tools, and solutions that help to improve the – efficiency and reliability of our operations.
- Handle call escalation support for evenings and weekends on a regular interval.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Windows and/or Linux server administration.
- Minimum 2 years experience with VMware or other virtualization technology.
- Experience setting up and managing SAN’s, Dell EqualLogic or similar iSCSI SANs.
- Must have strong communication skills and experience in a customer service environment dealing with end users both technical and non-technical.
VCP is a huge plus. MCSA, MCSE, MCITP or CCNA are “nice to have.”
$70,000 to $95,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.