VMware Virtualization Engineer Requirements:
- Extensive experience with Virtualization platforms, specifically, VMware and vCloud are a plus.
- Responsible for continued build out and maintaining of VMware vCloud Director and Xen based Self Service Cloud infrastructure.
- Building of host servers, SAN’s and assist in set-up of networking and firewalls for cloud infrastructure.
- Defining processes and procedures for fast paced growth of the cloud platform to ensure uniform, repeatable addition to all infrastructure components.
- Work closely with customers during the on-boarding process to get them seamlessly setup on the cloud.
- Troubleshoot issues and support customers through phone and ticket queue support systems.
- Provide user support for Level 2 and Level 3 support issue escalations.
- Research, evaluate, recommend, and implement tools, and solutions that help to improve the – efficiency and reliability of our operations.
- Handle call escalation support for evenings and weekends on a regular interval.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Windows and/or Linux server administration.
- Minimum 2 years experience with VMware or other virtualization technology.
- Experience setting up and managing SAN’s, Dell EqualLogic or similar iSCSI SANs.
- Must have strong communication skills and experience in a customer service environment dealing with end users both technical and non-technical.
VCP is a huge plus. MCSA, MCSE, MCITP or CCNA are “nice to have.”