We are seeking a Windows Engineer for a position in Rockville, MD.
The Windows Engineer will be part of Cloud Service Delivery for a Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Private Cloud company.
The Windows Engineer role requires someone with exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills. Must be willing to understand customer needs and translate requirements into technology solutions. Must be able to understand and support 24×7 infrastructure and business critical applications. Must have the ability to work in a highly visible, fast paced environment, with minimal supervision and major responsibility. Requires thorough knowledge of IT environments and technologies. Proven track record of working at various client sites establishing and maintaining networks, servers, & systems by architecting, designing, proactively managing, and troubleshooting network problems.
Windows Engineer Job Responsibilities Include:
- Developing system, application, security, and network configurations (including network and domain migrations and upgrade paths)
- Recommending new technologies and solutions to proactively support the clients’ environment
- Developing internal policies, procedures, and company standards for support all client sites
Windows Engineer Additional Requirements:
- Strong experience with Windows Server 2003/2008 including the ability to set up Server from scratch and perform migrations between versions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related field (VCP, MSCE, CCNA/E, etc)
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of administration for the Microsoft Windows operating system including installation, management, application deployment, and security as well as Exchange (2003/2007/2010)
- Demonstrated expertise in TCP/IP network design/support, as well as network hardware and routing protocols (Cisco and WatchGuard strongly desired)
$65,000 to $80,000
Bowman Williams is a national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and Services industry.